!Hubzilla Support Forum
Some UI feedback:
I invited a friend of mine to sign up for Hubzilla at start.hubzilla.org.
1. Nothing was visible on the registration page at first. She had to open the page in an incognito tab to see anything. She uses Chrome on Windows, and has a bunch of plugins for spam blocking, preventing video autoplay, etc. So, most likely, one of those was causing the problem.
2. When she submitted the form, she got a message stating that signups were closed for the day.
3. When I suggested signing up on a different hub, she said "This seems complicated enough that I don't think this is going to become popular unless someone can put an easy interface on it"
1. Perhaps use plain html on the registration page? This avoids failure due to browser weirdness.
2. Maybe we could recruit some more hubs to offer open signups on the start page? Maybe rotate the suggested signup link among several amenable hubs? That way, the burden doesn't fall primarily on Andrew's servers.